November 8, 2011

Cute to Elegant *Day 1*

Hi everyone! I have something a little different planned for this week. (Hope you don't mind- I'll be back with a new featured artist next Monday, don't worry!)  One thing I especially love about Penny Black stamps is the range of styles available, from cutesy to elegant.  One night I really wanted to do some stamping, just for fun.  Not for any challenges, assignments, etc, so I stamped several cutesy images and colored them with Copics.  Next I assembled some very simple cards using these images.  These cards will be my inspiration this week.  And as an added challenge, I wanted to create an elegant card using the cutesy cards as my inspiration.  Let's get started!

From cute:
To elegant:
Both of the main images were stamped with VersaFine ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Once set, they were colored with Copic Markers.  The backgrounds were distressed with Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain Distress Ink (along with a mixture of Broken China and Peeled Paint behind the text on the second card).  On the second card, the pink/purple background was created by distressing Neenah Tiara White cardstock with Seedless Preserves and Dusty Concord Distress Ink and then flicking with water to create the water spots.  All stamps Penny Black (4190K Welcome to Mimi's and 4035K Letters and Flowers)

14 comments :

Cheri said...

I'm looking forward to an exciting week, lots of inspiration. Love the distressing on both these cards. Thanks for sharing.

Dotty Jo said...

Sounds like a super fun week ahead! Jo x

Marilynn said...

Think this is a great idea. Off to a good start today.

Isha Gupta said...

Both cards are wonderful pieces of Art Jill. Thanks for the inspiration.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

What a wonderful idea for the week. A bonus for us as we get 2 a day ! Love them both.

Kelly Booth said...

So Pretty Jill...Both of them!! Love the different looks with the same colors.....Hugs!

Pat said...

Wow...how you can transform a concept so easily is beyond me! :) LOVE these cards!

sheila said...

I love this theme Jill! This concept is great and as usual you carry it out like a pro! Perhaps make this a monthly feature on your blog? There are so many "elements" here that are extremely helpful to me...layout ,stamp, color gradations, embellies, etc... great post today!

Barb said...

I am really going to enjoy this week, Jill! Both cards are just fabulous!

Tiffany Ervin said...

I REALLY love this new idea of yours, it's fantastic! Love the two different styles, it's perfect!

Brenda said...

Great idea Jill! I love these colours and both images! Beautiful cards my friend!

Paula (PEP) said...

This post just delighted me no end - it's one of the reasons that PB appeals to me so much: just the sheer breadth of styles possible from cute to elegant so seeing it presented like this is just delightful & utterly instructive. I love these muted "Christmas colours" & the variation of the basic style.
Paula (PEP)

Ruth S said...

Love the idea of "cute to elegant" inspiration!
Both of your cards are stunning Jill - thanks for sharing, Rx

Mel G said...

Just love the colours on these two cards Jill! Beautifully done!!