November 24, 2011

Joan B. *Day 3*

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends!  Hope you all have a wonderful day! I'm looking forward to spending time with my family and enjoying my hubby's delicious turkey dinner.  (Yep, Mr. Foster does all the cooking around here.  I'm one lucky chica!) 

But even though it is Thanksgiving, I still have some stamping to share with y'all!  Here's Joan's inspiration card for today:
Now, can this girl color, or can this girl color?  WOWee!
Here's my oh-so-humble take.  I was especially inspired by Joan's stamping on the left hand side of her cardstock and the rectangular sentiment.

And the entire set, ready to be given as a gift this Christmas:

All stamps by Penny Black.  I began by stamping the flowers with VersaFine black ink and embossing using clear embossing powder.  Next the flowers were colored using Copic markers.  The sentiment piece and the paper with the flowers were distressed using Old Paper and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink with just a touch of Walnut Stain ink around the edges.  Finally, the background papers, patterned paper by Basic Grey, were inked using Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

Here's a look at what's happening on the Mementos blog today:

See ya tomorrow!

7 comments :

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

You are creating such lovely card sets! Love your colours

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the way you've varied these with the colour & matched the flowers accordingly to the paper you used. I particularly like that the first one you've varied even further by not using the main flower's colour for the patterned paper but the smaller ones - quite striking & I like that one the best of all.
Hope you have a lovely day with your family.
Paula (PEP)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jill these card sets are beautiful. Ideal for the recipient to use throughout the year. Wonderfully matched colors with the patterned papers!

Barb said...

Wonderful cards today! Love Joan's coloring on those cherries and your card is beautiful, Jill! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm also one lucky Chica - my hubby does all the cooking too! :)

Joan B said...

Gorgeous work -- as usual!! Thanks so much, Joan

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful set Jill! Love the colours. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful day :)

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, love the different colors, makes a great gift set