November 10, 2011

Cute to Elegant *Day 3*

Hi everyone! And welcome back to my week sharing cute and elegant cards.  I created the  cutesy inspiration cards by simply coloring some fun Penny Black images with Copics and layering with patterned paper.  Next, using a cutesy card as inspiration, I challenged myself to create an elegant card. 
From cute:
To elegant:
To create the elegant card, I began by stamping Penny Black Gossamer with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic X-Press It Blending cardstock.  I then colored this image using Copic markers.  (I used the same colors that I used on the 1st card shown today.)  Next I inked this piece using Forest Moss and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  The background was inked with Wild Honey Distress Ink and then stamped with Penny Black Majestic Background using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  Finally, the note card was distressed with Faded Jeans Distress Ink and a little bit of Brushed Corduroy around the edges.  Punched butterflies by Martha Stewart and sentiment by SRM Stickers.

Oh, and be sure to pop by the Mementos blog for a tutorial today on coloring people.  Here's a peek:
See ya tomorrow!


19 comments :

Isha Gupta said...

This week is superb Jill. Loving your cute to Elegant creations. TFS

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love your colours and glow especially on the elegant flowers. And so cheerful!

Barb said...

That mouse image is so sweet, and your coloring is amazing, Jill! Love the way you transformed it into the elegance of the second card - gorgeous flowers and butterflies!

Elizabeth Allan said...

First I giggled then I sighed. Another two beauties!

Tiffany Ervin said...

These are some amazing transformations from cute to elegant, love them, keep it coming! That little mouse looks so comfy! What a cute image!

katie said...

Wow! Another set of great cards Love them both. Thank you.

Brenda said...

You are doing some amazing work here Jill! I have that Gossamer stamp and have never thought of coloring the flowers in different colors, thanks for the inspiration! I really love the colors today!

Nancy K said...

I'm really enjoying this fun series of cards, Jill! I just love your style!

Anonymous said...

So loving this series you are doing Jill! Your cards are just so beautiful! Love your work! :)

sheila said...

I just love your theme this week Jill and feel that I have picked up so many good tips.....please, please consider making this a regular feature! It sure has been fun.

Dawn T said...

both are awesome ~ love the cute mouse and the Gossamer flowers are a favourite of mine

Linda Carson said...

I so enjoy visiting your blog! Love your creative style and talent!

alexandra s.m. said...

Wonderful cards Jill!
Thank You!!

Ruth S said...

More wow cards Jill - thanks so much!
Rx

Paula (PEP) said...

I got quite thrilled by these & seeing the way you went from cute to elegant. I particularly liked the way you repeated those red holly berries in the second card by colouring the flower centres red too & the butterflies' bodies reflect that circular element too (not to mention the spotty paper & the pompon on the hat in the first card). There was so much more I saw but I was already in danger of writing a mini essay.
Paula (PEP)

Kim Dellow said...

Oh just beautiful. Kim

Mel G said...

Beautiful colours on these cards Jill!

Anonymous said...

These are both just stunning Jill! I love that gorgeous sleeping mouse image - soo cute!

Anne said...

You've got both of these styles completely mastered Jill! Both are simply fabulous!