November 25, 2011

Joan B. *Day 4*

I have to admit that I am REALLY bummed to see this week with Joan coming to an end.  She is one magnificent stamper and a total sweetie, too.  I just might have to invite her back!  Be sure to add her blog to your favs so you can keep checking out more of her art.  And speaking of her art, here's today's inspiration card:
Did your jaw hit the floor?  Mine sure did!
Now here is my take.  While it doesn't look just like the inspiration card, I can tell you that I was really inspired by Joan's design.  I love the stamping on the top portion of her main panel with the white sentiment strip below.  The twine is the perfect embellishment.  And the lovely light blue background provides the perfect "frame" for the center panel.

And here's the set, another Christmas gift ready to go. :)

All stamps Penny Black.

Thanks so much for visiting this week and for all of your sweet, sweet comments.
Hope you have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday with a new PB&J Video. 

13 comments :

Joan B said...

I love your take on my card. Your colors, as always, are gorgeous. Thank you so much for your kind words and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jill I am amazed at all the sets you created this week! Beautiful designs with brilliant colors. Thanks for sharing Joan's wonderful art with us too!

shirley said...

Gorgeous!

Paula (PEP) said...

Thank you for explaining how you've been inspired - I've been finding that so helpful & encouraging. I love the idea of the colour sets you've been creating too.
Paula (PEP)
Thanks for a delicious week.

Chelsea said...

These are gorgeous!

Anne said...

Both of the cards today are simply brilliant! Love the gorgeous colors on both and thanks again Jill for always having such wonderful artists each week to inspire us all!

Dawn T said...

Stunning cards Jill. Joan's is really incredible.... and I adore your set.

Smilie girl said...

Terrific set with gorgeous colours.
I've enjoyed the week with Joan B and your wonderful versions. I'd love to see more.

Conniecrafter said...

I will have to say that is one of my fav's of Joan's, like how the sheet music fads in the center, and love all the different ones you did, such pretty colors

MarcyK924 said...

I can see why you'd be inspired by Joan's card - LOVE your card set, Jill and your colorful interpretation!

sheila said...

seriously gorgeous. Joan's cards and yours are both so beautiful.

Mel G said...

Your card set is stunning Jill, and Joan's lovely card provides amazing inspiration!

Brenda said...

I just went and browsed through Joan's blog and I can see why you picked her! Wow! But a big WOW to you because I totally adore this set you made Jill! Love the colours!