November 18, 2011

Jeanne J. *Day 4*

Today is our last day of inspiration with Jeanne.  Thanks so much, Jeanne, for allowing me to share your work and for inspiring us all.  This card of yours is one of my favs:
I just can't get enough of Jeanne's color scheme on this card. 
Here's my take:

I began by stamping Penny Black Paisley Outline with VersaMark Ink onto cream cardstock and embossing with clear embossing powder.  Next, I applied Distress Inks, Fired Brick, Crushed Olive, Dusty Concord, and Old Paper to this background.  The large die cut by Tim Holtz was inked with my new favorite combo of Distress Inks- Broken China and Evergreen Bough.  Penny Black 2943H Brush Butterfly was inked with Broken China, Wild Honey and Fired Brick Distress Stains.  Once stamped onto cream cardstock it was cut out and then the edges were inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  Sentiment stamped with VersaFine ink onto Spellbinders Ribbon Banner (first inked with Old Paper Distress Ink). 

Thanks again for visiting. :)
Wishing you a wonderful weekend, my friends!

8 comments :

katie said...

Great color combination.
Have a good weekend also

Delllana said...

so glad found you...
i love your artworks..!!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Thanks for sharing Jeanne's artwork this week. She is a fabulous artist. Jill I love the beautiful colors incorporated in the Paisley Outline. Gorgeous butterfly!

Barb said...

It's been such a fun week, Jill! Love the amazing texture on both cards today!

Kelly Booth said...

GORGEOUS Creations...both of them!!! Love the colors too :)

Dawn T said...

great take on Jeanne's card Jill. The colours are striking on yours.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous! I love the use of banners, die-cuts and tags on both cards!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wow so love your take on Jeanne's card. I actually have that paper that she used, but so love her die cut pieces and the layering that she did. Your card is stunning. I so love how you stamped the background and added darker versions of the colors she used. So love your banner and the twine that you added. So love the array of colours.