December 2, 2011

Cute to Elegant

Happy Friday, my friends! Here's the inspiration tag from yesterday's post:
And here's my take, going from cute to elegant:

I began by stamping a small, narrow, white tag (cut from Neenah Tiara White Cardstock) with Penny Black 3979H Simplicity using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  The image was then colored with Copics.  I added coordinating patterned paper (all edges were inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink) and a sentiment (Penny Black 30-064 Good Catch).

And while I was at it, I created a couple more tags following this basic sketch.  I have to admit these were so fun and simple.  Just stamped my images onto a tag, used the paper from my 6x6 paper pads as inspiration in choosing Copic colors and then added the coordating paper to the tags.

Penny Black 3946K Fanfare
Penny Black 30-023 Thinking of You

Penny Black 3638K Sun Caressed
Penny Black 30-014 Salutations

Thanks for your visits this week! See you next week with a new PB&J Video and a new featured artist.  Hope you have a GREAT weekend!

Oh, and you just might want to head on over to the Mementos blog today to be entered for a GIVEAWAY of the newest seasonal Distress Inks....



10 comments :

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jill your tags were a beautiful way to end this week and inspire weekend stamping!

katie said...

Love your tags! The first two you could wither slip in your honey's brief case or lunch container.
Thanks for sharing your great talent!

Aimes said...

Fabulous tags, Jill! Love the fun mix of DPs on this fabby sketch :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

sheila said...

loe these tags Jill and am so glad to see you having fun! I can see these tags being paired with a kraft gift bag!

Barb said...

These are all wonderful, Jill! Love your amazing coloring! Happy weekend! :)

Paula (PEP) said...

My TH Alterations large tag die arrived Friday & the early hours of Saturday morning I'm sitting commenting on your tags...... I'm so excited at the prospect of starting to work with tags. These have really made me eager to start & you've given me a basic sketch & format to start working with too. Thanks for giving me a super start to my weekend.
Paula (PEP)

Kathy Camasso said...

These are all so sweet! Love them!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

such awesome tags! Love your colour combinations & yet keeping them so chic too!

Dawn T said...

love these tags Jill. So elegant looking.

Brenda said...

These are truly beautiful tags Jill!