December 15, 2011

Miss You...

I don't know about you, but I have to admit that the fast-approaching holidays have me really lonesome for my mom. She always makes Christmas special--with her baking, decorating, even the way she wraps our gifts.  If only Arizona and South Dakota were a little bit closer...

I was definitely thinking of her when I created this card:
The house (Victorian Homes by Penny Black) was stamped with VersaFine Ink and then embossed using clear embossing powder.  The tiny ridge created by the embossing REALLY helps to stay in the lines, especially when coloring in a detailed image such as this.  Thanks Elizabeth for this tip- I always learn SO MUCH from you! Sentiment by Penny Black (Salutations).

Thanks for dropping by for a visit, my friends. 
This week I've had some "random" posts without a featured artist-- I hope you don't mind! :)

12 comments :

Joan B said...

beautiful card for a beautiful reason. love those hearts.

Paula (PEP) said...

Mind?? Certainly not - I've loved your projects this week & have finally got some time to catch up with commenting. This is such a delightful card & I love the dimension you created with the extra hearts. Mum's are very special people.
Paula (PEP)

Barb said...

I don't mind at all, Jill. As long as you're creating cards, I'm happy! This one is so special - your mom will love it! :)

donna mikasa said...

Such a sweet card, Jill! I love the partial stamping of the house and the sentimental meaning behind it. Your mom will love this!

Isha Gupta said...

Random posts are fun too. As long as its created by you Jill. Love love todays card too:) I am sure your Mom will treasure this beautiful card.

Nancy K said...

Lovely card, Jill! Love and sweet memories will keep you and your mom close despite the miles between you, I'm guessing she will cherish this card! Love your randomness, but then I love everything you share...hugs!

Jeanne J. said...

Jill, What a sweet card for a sweet reason! The holidays have a way of tugging at your heart! Your mom has to be pleased seeing the beautiful creative daughter she graciously shared with us!

Anonymous said...

Love the random posts as much as the featured designers so dont worry at all Jill! Your card is super gorgeous as usual and your mum will definitely love this.

Dawn T said...

What a beautiful card Jill... Hope you get to talk to your Mom even if you don't get to see her for Christmas. I'm lucky this year to have my Mum here with me for 3 weeks... to celebrate Christmas, my parents 55th wedding Anniversary, New Year then Mum's birthday 4 Jan.

Anonymous said...

Jill--I love you and miss you! The card is so beautiful!!! Thanks for all the thoughtful things you do each day--MOM

Elizabeth Allan said...

I wish you were going to be with your Mom for the holidays Jill, but I know you will be close in your hearts. What a fabulous card to tell your mom how much she means to you!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Jill, this is one of my all time favorite cards of yours! It just really touched me - so sweet and pretty. WOW! The color combo is sheer genius. Your mom will love it! Have a fabbie weekend!!

p.s. maybe someone you know is on the PB blog today?? (ACK!)