December 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Hop for Joy!

NOTE: This is my second post for today.  If you're looking for this week's PB&J card, you can see the card and video by scrolling down or clicking HERE.

Welcome to those of you who have arrived here from the talented Britta's blog.  If you are just starting the hop, you can go back to the beginning by clicking HERE. I'm sooo excited to be participating in this blog hop wishing my dear friend, Joy Taylor, a BIG happy birthday! Joy is one of those gals that I feel so blessed to call friend.  I wish her the happiest of days today and am sending her GIANT hugs.  Here's a card just for you, Joy:

This card was paper pieced by stamping Penny Black Sundial onto papers from the 6x6 pad Indie Bloom by Basic Grey.  I colored with Copic markers E35 and YR23 near the center of the flower to add a bit of subtle shading.

Now it's time for your next stop on the hop, the blog of Kathy Racoosin- I'm sure she's cooked up something to make Joy smile (and the rest of us, too)!

18 comments :

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous card Jil, and a great way to celebrate Joys Birthday.

Linda said...

just gorgeous! Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to make such a lovely card!

Thanks for joining the hop too Jill--we've made Joy's day! *mission accomplished*

Linda xx

Joy said...

I love you and am blessed to call you a great friend too...your card is simply super stunning, I love and adore it so. Thank you for being apart of this, it means the world to me to be given such a beautiful birthday gift....love you!

jintyoo7 said...

What a beauty - I bet Joy will be thrilled - such a special Birthday treat :)

Glennis F said...

Love the colour contrasts - great card

Chelsea said...

Great card. Love the colors!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Jill! Stunning and bright! Perfect for Joy :)

Tiffany Ervin said...

WonderfuI vibrant look on your flower! A perfect flower for Joy!

Tiffany Ervin said...

WonderfuI vibrant look on your flower! A perfect flower for Joy!

Chari Moss said...

Gorgeous card! So bright and happy, it's perfect!

joy said...

Fabulous card, Jill, as always!

Melissa Shea said...

So bright and cheerful! I love your work!

Kathy said...

Beautiful and vibrant card Jill and thanks for the lovely intro :) Hugs, Kathy

Isha Gupta said...

Wow!!! Love your bright card Jill. Amazing work and post. TFS

gRiSeL™ said...

Lovely card as always! I'm a huge Penny Black fan! I enjoy your tutorials on YouTube all the time! I'm sure Joy loved the card you made her!! I'm having a blast blog hopping and looking at all the wonderful inspirations dedicated to Joy! (:

sheila said...

this is so fun and fresh looking! a great upbeat card and love the paper piecing!

Joyce said...

Great card!

Paula (PEP) said...

Your shading of the paper pieced petals adds lovely depth to this & the dimension created by the twin is quite striking. The layout is a lovely one & I like how th bow of the twine echoes the petal shapes & the lovely embellishing of your flower centre. The extra green petals used as leaves are a glorious touch.
Paula (PEP)