December 8, 2011

Kelley *Day 3*

It's day 3 of inspiration with Kelley and I'm sure you'll love this card of hers:
What a great masculine card!
Here's my take:

All stamps by Penny Black.  The flowers were colored with Copic Markers and once cut out I inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The background was created by inking white cardstock with Iced Spruce Distress Ink.  Next, I used The Crafters Workshop stencil and laid it across the background.  I applied a light layer of Walnut Stain Distress Ink over the stencil, applying less pressure towards the center of the card.  The outer border of the card was created by inking white cardstock with Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge, and Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  Sentiment by Penny Black.




9 comments :

debbie said...

That is one amazing flower on your card!

sheila said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jill. Both cards are so unique!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Another gorgeous creation!! Just beautiful!! :)

Deirdre said...

Just fab. Love it.

Kelly Latevola said...

This is so beautiful! How in the world did you get the stencil to stay put while you rubbed the ink on? Short of dousing the whole thing in adhesive mine always move.

Elizabeth Allan said...

FABULOUS! Love the diamond background and that flower glows!

Evelyn S. said...

Gosh, Jill...this is such a fabulous card!

AJ said...

yes, I LOVE Kelley's card!
Your take is great too!!

Paula (PEP) said...

When I saw your description of the background technique I remembered seeing those templates in the UK & so now I know both how to use & where to get them. I love what you have done with that PB stamp & how bright it shines - especially with the way you lightened the background stencilling towards the centre. isn't it amazing how the eye can trick the brain?
Paula (PEP)