December 27, 2011

Inspired by...Sheila!

I am super excited to announce that our featured artist this week is one of the sweetest stampers I know, Sheila!  Be sure to check out her blog- not only are her cards fantastic, but she has a fun writing style, too.  Here's Sheila's inspiration card for today:
I just love the white highlights Sheila adds to her coloring-they really bring her images to life!  And the black and white polka dot background looks great with the red of her flower.
Here's my take:

Stamp by Penny Black, Sentiment by SRM Stickers

And if you hop on over to the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft BLOG, I have a photo tutorial for this card using Art Grip Colored Pencils.
See you tomorrow with another beauty by Sheila!

Oh, and I nearly forgot, today is the last day to order January's Stamp Club DVD class.  Here's a little peek at the cards:
The featured stamp, included with your DVD and class kit is Twinkling by Penny Black:

More info and to order, click HERE.
Thanks! :)

14 comments :

debbie said...

wonderful cards!love those bold colors paired with the white polka dots.

Barb said...

Yippee for Sheila! So fun to see her featured here, Jill. Gorgeous cards from the two of you today - what an awesome week this will be! :)

Lisa said...

Sheila!! Yay! Congrats on your feature :) I always adore your bold creations! And Jill, I love your take on her card too :)

sheila said...

Thank you for the big shout out Jill! This is so much fun! Really, I am all a-giggle as I type here! I love your take on my card....it's fun and "splashy" with color and the kraft background looks great!

Paula (PEP) said...

I do get excited when I deconstruct your "take" of the "inspiration" & here I could not take my eyes off the way those variously sized pearls in the flower centre picked up on both the circles of the yellow paper & those of the embossing not to mention the circular aspects of the paper piercing & kraft cardstock pattern.
Paula (PEP)

jen said...

Gorgeous! I just love everything you make. Can't wait to see what you create in 2012..
Hugs, Jen
Happy New Year

Great job Sheila

Pat said...

These cards are both beautiful!

Annette Allen said...

absolutely gorgeous..

Dawn T said...

Both are beautiful.... no wonder Sheila was excited. Jill, you have picked a great person to be inspired by this week...

Jana said...

Love!

I am so behind in my blog reading.. glad I came to yours in time to get the January DVD> I* haven't done one of those before and I'm excited to make those cards. I have Prismacolor pencils -- assume I can use those instead of the Faber Castell?

Ali said...

Absolutely gorgeous..
plastic cards
plastic card printing

Maureen Morton said...

Jill, you couldn't have picked a more enjoyable crafter - and, can she color! Great inspiration and great take - love both of you gals! Thanks!

Elizabeth Allan said...

What a treat to see both your and Sheila's work together this week. These flowers really added a smile to my day.

salmaashiq said...

Why you can't use the different colors combination ,and in different shapes too..........
Plastic Card
Plastic cards