December 21, 2011

...In the Air

This new Penny Black stamp, 40-093 ...In the Air, is so fun to work with.  And one thing I really love about it is that most of the balloons are touching eachother so if you want to stamp and cut out the image for some added dimension, you don't have to cut out each one individually.

The ballons were stamped with VersaFine Ink, embossed with clear embossing powder, colored with Copic Markers, and then cut out.  The background was inked with Broken China, Evergreen Bough, and Walnut Stain Distress Ink then flicked with water.  Once dry, I stamped the balloon image onto the background again.  The balloons which were already colored and cut out, were adhered over the background image using pop dots.  The background was pierced using the Tim Holtz Ruler.

See ya tomorrow! HUGS!


15 comments :

itsallrosi said...

beautiful, Jill!

debbie said...

Amazing dimension!

Annette Allen said...

Amazing card....Ok this is stamp is a must have...I love it

Pam W Merwin said...

Love it Jill - the colors are fabulouse and love the dimension!

pcm said...

beautifully done!

sheila said...

When I first saw this stamp it didn't really grab me.....now consider me GRABBED! Great use of this stamp and good job turning it into a really fun card!

Elizabeth Allan said...

This is sheer floating happiness!

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous Jill, I love how the balloons are floating out of the frame, Jo x

Sheree said...

Gorgeous card! I saw that stamp posted yesterday and now after seeing your card...I have to get one too!!
Hugs,
Sheree

Linda said...

wow I keep going back and staring at that! It's so lovely! I really does look like they're floating off the card--just gorgeous Jill!

Paula (PEP) said...

Brilliant with the dimension of the balloons & the way they extend over the edge of the background panel. The flicked water background is so effective for it really gives a cloudy look to the sky.
Paula (PEP)

Dee in N.H. said...

Nice Jill! I love the dimension with the balloons!

Jessica said...

What a great & happy card!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Love those balloons and they way you made them float off the card :)

Dawn T said...

So clever Jill. I love this card.