March 10, 2010

Barb *Day 5*

Here is today's card by Barb:

I love the unique way Barb has used this Hero Arts grass stamp! By stamping it in white on that beautiful blue she has added a bit of magic to her scene! It reminds me of a warm, starry, summer night. The organza ribbon complements Barb's color scheme. Finally, Barb always pays close attention to details like the tiny pearls on the butterflies!
Here is my take:


See you tomorrow with our last day with Barb! Thanks for popping by!
Supplies--All Stamps Hero Arts (Fern K5314, Sentiment CL156); Ink: Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger), Black Ink (Stampin' Up); Other: Scallop Punch (Fiskars), Misc. Cardstock and Thread

13 comments :

Els said...

Oh, Jill! Could it be that today's take on Barb's card is missing??!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Jill! I finally caught up with your wonderful posts on Barb! She is one talented lady! And so are you!

Barb said...

Wow, Jill! Absolutely amazing color!! My goodness this is stunning!! I love the way the Fern stamp looks all around the card! Your distressing, and the colors you chose, are just gorgeous!! Love it!

Pat Castillo said...

Wow!!! I'm a fan of your cards anyway but this card is FABULOUS! I love the colors!! So glad I came back to check it out tonight!

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

I love Barbs but I think I like yours better for that intense darker blue you used. Wonderful effect!

Virginia L. said...

WOW! Such eye-catching color combo. You really showed off the ferns so beautifully! Amazing distressing (as always!)!

Tiffany Ervin said...

It's beautiful and very dramatic, I just LOVE it!! The pink hue on one side and the cool blue on the other, fabulous how the big leaves surround the background!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Wow....Amazing background,Jill! Love your card and Barb's card too!
you both are AMAZING!

Sue McRae said...

Wow, the colours on both cards are supremely fantastic and love the frame you made with the wispy ferns, really lovely!

Kathy (krolski) said...

The colors are just stunning on both of these cards! You both are uber-talented!

Anonymous said...

oh my word, look at the colour on these!! just stunning!!

Suzanne C said...

Look at the beautiful color transitions on both of your cards!

Dotty Jo said...

What a wonderful use of colour - fabulous! Jo x