March 11, 2010

Barb *Day 6*

Here is our last inspiration card from Barb:

Can you believe that this is her first try with Copics?!! I love the shading on the flowers and the grass at the bottom looks awesome, too! The purple is such a regal color choice. Barb's overall design perfectly draws attention to the focal image. Finally, the rounded corners and embossing finish off this beauty of a card!
Here is my take:

Thanks so much everyone for stopping by this week! AND BIG THANKS to Barb for playing along and allowing me to share your talent on my blog! If you haven't been to visit Barb's PHOTOSTREAM be sure to stop by--she updates regularly with her lovely creations!
See you tomorrow, my friends, with a little photo tutorial...
Supplies--Stamps: Flowers (Hero Arts CL374), Sentiment (Hero Arts CL351), Text (Hero Arts K5344), Grass (Stampin' Up); Ink: Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger), Black Ink (Stampin' Up), White Gel Pen (Sakura); Other: Misc. Cardstock and Embroidery Floss, Glossy Accents (Ranger), Corner Rounder (EK Success), Hero Hues Notecard (Hero Arts) *THANKS KATHY!*, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft for Cuttlebug)

29 comments :

Lynn said...

Wow! The cards are both amazing. I like the reverse embossing on the first card...and first try at Copics - awesome! I haven't tried Copics yet...keep pondering it!!

Sasya said...

Jill, both cards are really beautiful!! The spring spirit! ^^

Els said...

Gorgeous card, Jill! Curious about that tutorial ;)

Kit said...

These cards are beautiful such wonderful colours

Lin said...

What wonderful cards, today!! Can't wait for spring - thanks, ladies!!

Barb said...

Jill, What a beautiful card, today!! I love the script on the flower pot, your coloring is amazing on the flowers, and the sentiment is perfect, because YOU inspire ME!! Thank you so much for such a fun week! You're a sweetheart!!

Big hugs!!
Barb :)

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Wow...Again...!!!!
I love both of card! Absolutely Gorgeous!!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Wow...Again...!!!!
I love both of card! Absolutely Gorgeous!!

Clare said...

FIRST try?!! Wowsahs! Barbs card is amazing!

I love your take on her card, Jill! The detail of the little pot, the embossed polka dots (I am a SUCKER for polka dots) and then the gorgeous colors - just amazing!

Diana said...

Key right to my HEART with the florals you two! Both creations are just SPECTACULAR!

Virginia L. said...

Both cards are AMAZING! You and Barb inspire me!! Thank you, Jill :) xoxo

Agata said...

Oh my!!! Both are so wonderful! The design on your card is delightful!!! And the colors, I just love them!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow! It is so refreshing to see flowers and potted plants popping up everywhere! Once again, amazing distressing job on this, so pretty Jill!

Sue McRae said...

Barb is a natural at the Copics and both cards are so pretty all in purple!

Barbara said...

These are both so pretty Jill! I love seeing artists that I might not otherwise get to meet and your take on their creations is always amazing!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful Spring feeling cards!

Anonymous said...

What a beauty! Love how you mix thing up!
Congrats on being chosen on Lucy's blog today...another beaut!

Sanne said...

Such a delightful card - great in purple Jill!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love the purple in both cards! Amazing cards, as usual!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love everything about this card! The colors, the texture, the distress...gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

oh. oh, oh, oh. these i really, really like!!
love the script on the flowerpot & the yummy purples. GREAT shading on the leaves...just gorgeous.

Alice said...

awww.... i love the purples in both cards! gorgeous cards!!

Nancy said...

wow, such amazing cards this week...I'm sorry I'm so behind on commenting. I did enjoy all the yummy Barb inspiration and your beautiful takes on each.
love ya sweet Jill,
nancy

Mariana Grigsby said...

Looove this purple card, Jill!!!! TFS

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful purple cards by both of you!

Kryssi said...

amazing. love the purpleness!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards as always!!!!! Jo x

Anonymous said...

Jill--What can I say--Beautiful cards, both of them! MOM

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Stunning!