March 12, 2010

Inspired by...Anne!

It's my favorite day of the week...I get to announce the next "Inspired by..." stamper! :) So up next is.... Anne Gaal (prospuring on flickr)! Anne is an amazing artist in so many ways--from cardmaking, to photography, to digi scrapbooking---Anne does it all! You MUST check out her BLOG and PHOTOSTREAM.
Here is our first GORGEOUS inspiration card from Anne:
This card is such stunner! I love the distressed dandelion frame stamped in blue! The soft colors contrast perfectly with the warmth of the butterflies (which, by the way, are colored to perfection). The sentiment stamped on the ribbon is a great designer touch. And finally, Anne's use of the label die cut shape is genius!

Here is my take:Thanks so much for stopping by! Oh, be sure to check out the CURRENT CHALLENGE on Anne's blog to make a card inspired by one of hers! I will definitely be entering a couple of mine this week!! :)

Supplies--All Stamps Hero Arts (CG152, CL342, CG154), Music Notes (Paptertrey Ink); Ink: Black Ink (Stampin' Up), Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger); Other: Top Note Die Cut (Stampin' Up), Metallic Decor (Hero Arts), Vintage Sheet Music, Dimensional Adhesive (All Night Media), Misc. Cardstock

25 comments :

Vicky said...

I love this card. The colors, the bird the notes on the background. Jill you made another beautiful card! And I love the sentiment ... so clever with the notes on the background!!!

Barb said...

Great choice, Jill! Love Anne's creativity! Her card is beautiful, and your take is fantastic! Love the musical elements and such pretty birds! :)

shirley said...

Both cards are awesome!
Your card makes me wish I had ordered the bird stamps!

Els said...

What an excellent choice, Jill! Anne's card are always so beautiful and inspiring! I love your take today! That distressed background is amazing!

Alice said...

both cards are so beautiful! love them both!

Anonymous said...

yuuuu-uuu-uuu-mmmyyy!!!

Barbara said...

WOW, both cards are stunning Jill! I love the soft background on Anne's card and the intense colours on yours! Two beautiful,beautiful cards!

Agata said...

No wonder you'll be entering! Great take on this beautiful card!

Diana said...

Oh, I am really looking forward to the work of you two! Love what you created with that dandelion stamp Anne. I have it too. Both cards are just luscious!

Lin said...

LOVE both cards! Anne's card is a great inspirational piece and yours is just as lovely, with your own spin on it! LOVE visiting your blog, Jill!

Lizziski said...

I love everything about this card, so lovely!

Lynne K said...

Great take on Anne's card. Your music note background appeals to me (being a musician!) and the colours are gorgeous.

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog, and for becoming a follower!

Virginia L. said...

Another stunning card from Ann's inspiration! Love the background and design!! So glad that Ann is the featured stamper.

Nancy said...

Two lovely cards. You are both so talented!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Jill! Gorgeous card! I love the depth in the blue color! And it looks so vibrant next to the rich browns. Love the birds and the music! Thanks so much for participating in my challenge! And it is such an honor to be featured on your blog! Thank you! :-)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really pretty Jill, LOVE your two birds perched so peacefully against that dazzling blue! I love it when you work with deep, rich blues, my fav color from you!

Anonymous said...

Great art work ladies! Love both of these beauties!
marilynv19

Nancy said...

I'm looking forward to another week of wonderful inspiration here with you and Anne! You are off to a great start with these fabulous designs. I just love the label moved off the side of the card, it's really an effective design feature. I finally have some time to work on a CASE of my favorite of Anne's cards.

Dawn T said...

Great take on Anne's cared Jill. I love looking through her work... it is truely inspiring. Good choice for this week.

Anette H said...

I have admired Anne's cards for a long time, and this is another stunner! Your take is equally gorgeous, Jill! Love them both!

Sanne said...

Adorable card Jill - love the way you used the lovely two birds!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

These are both beautiful!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Great take on Anne's card!
Both are SO Beautiful!!

Daria said...

Your card is so vibrant! I loved the softness of Anne's card, and I love the drama of yours. Beautiful cards!

kanishk said...

Love the musical elements and such pretty birds! :)
free internet jobs