March 2, 2010

Sarah *Day 4*

I love the colors and design of this next card by Sarah:

Sarah is just so creative-- those fun flowers and sequins were from one of her daughter's tops! She has perfectly arranged them creating a visual triangle which is so pleasing to the eye. The polka dot background adds to the playful feeling of this card. And finally, the bright white strip of cardstrock immediately draws your attention to the sentiment!

Here is my take. This is totally one of those cards for me that took FOREVER and I don't think I'm happy with the result at all. Do you ever have times where you just keep adding more and more "stuff" to try and fix a card? I think I should have jumped ship at lot sooner...but I kept going....


Thanks so much for looking! See you tomorrow!

Supplies--All Stamps Hero Arts (K5344, CG130, CL387, CG139); Ink: Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger), Black Ink (Stampin' Up), Copic (C7); Other: Distress Stickles (Ranger), Butterfly Punches (Martha Stewart and Fiskars), Pearls (Recollections), Leaf Die Cut (Sizzix), Misc. Cardstock

25 comments :

Agata said...

It looks perfect for me! But I know the feeling you're talking about! I love this sentiment and the marriage of green and orange!

Sanne said...

Beautiful Jill - you rock girl!!!

Vanessa said...

Love this color combo! You make me want to use orange!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Sarah M said...

Love your take, Jill! Your colors and distressing are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

lovely card Jill, I like the color combo a lot.

Lin said...

I like your card, Jill! Love the pop of orange! And love Sarah's idea of reusing old clothing embellies! Her card is adorable!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE your card Jill...we are so critical of our own work...i LOVE both cards!!

Anita Rex said...

Love Sarah's card, her daughter's shirt? I love yours too, the leaves just make it sooo awesome!

Virginia L. said...

I remember this card of Sarah's! She is just so creative! You did an awesome job, Jill... can't tell that you "struggled" with it! Another stunnner!

Anonymous said...

Both of you have been so intertaining this week, with all the gorgeous cards! I love it,so keep going ladies!
marilynv19

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love the card Jill - love the butterfly! So pretty!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love the greens, browns, and oranges together, really a perfect combination and the dots background I love!!

Pat Castillo said...

I think your card is very nice...I think sometimes we're too hard on ourselves--I love the color combo you chose!

Els said...

I love the leaves on your card! It doesn't show that you struggled. But I do know that feeling you're discribing.

Cindy Lee said...

Jill oh Jill! This is fabulously done!! It's gorgeous!

Barb said...

Jill, I think you are being way too hard on yourself! Although I do have similar feelings about my cards too. Only with me, it's usually because I need to add MORE to mine! I love that there are no flowers on the card...just leaves. It's different, and looks really cool with the butterflies in a contrasting color! Love the bigger butterfly with the dots and text!! Awesome sentiment too!

ivy said...

love the orange & green against the kraft!
i love sarah's card too with her incorporating her daughter's
clothing but cutting out the cute embellies!

Stamping Cafe said...

Always love your colors and all that distressing!! Stunning card, Jill! Love it!!

Nancy said...

I just love the look of kraft with white and bright colors, Sarah totally nailed it on her lovely card.
I think you stopped at just the right time with your card, it looks perfect to me, really wonderful!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love it! And that white make it pop!! WOW!!

Dotty Jo said...

Two gorgeous cards!!!! Never thought about that 'visual triangle' thing before Jill - must try it out! Thanks for the inspiration, Jo x

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Love your card Jill! Amazing...distressing as always :)

Suzanne C said...

Love how they both have such a lovely design with the sprinkling of images.

Anonymous said...

yummy!!
look at that gorgeous orange butterfly!!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Lovely!