January 20, 2011

Dina *Day 4*

Thanks everyone for the get well wishes. I think I am finally on the mend! :) Here's our next genius piece of artwork by Dina: Talk about color! The first thing that caught my attention was the bright pink on these tags. I love the bits of text and cut out pictures, too! And finally, it wouldn't be a true Dina creation if it wasn't loaded with lots and lots of that fabulous texture! The dots, torn edges, and distressing make these such wonderful keepsakes!
Here is my take. I just had to make something with that lovely pink (not a color I usually turn to) and orange.
This card began entirely as white cardstock. I die cut the shape from Labels 8 Nestabilities die cut. I then stamped the Hero Arts foliage images using light Tea Dye Distress Ink. I colored over these stamped images with pink, orange, green, purple, and brown colored pencils. I then added Broken China Distress Ink and flicked it with water to create the water spots. The bottom portion of the card was inked with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and the Hero Arts grid background was stamped using Pumice Stone Distress Ink. Finally, I added Distress Stickles in Antique Linen to the foliage images.
Thanks for looking!
All Stamps Hero Arts

23 comments :

Joy said...

Such depth of beautiful colours, great stamping, love it Jill!

Alice said...

amazing coloring on the stamped images. love love love this beauty, Jill!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, Jill! I love the HA background stamps and am having a hard time deciding which will be my first purchase! You keep using them and inspiring me. I am not normally a pink girl either, but LOVE how you used it on this card:)

slbt17 said...

wonderful Jill!
Sandra ltb

Jen W. said...

Love that splattered water effect and thanks for introducing such great crafters every week! It's fun to discover all these new people and their work. :)

Kelly Booth said...

Wow wow...you just amaze me with your color....so Pretty!

Kelly Booth said...

Wow wow...you just amaze me with your color....so Pretty!

Kelly Booth said...

Wow wow...you just amaze me with your color....so Pretty!

Doris said...

I'm not fond of pink at all, but the shade you used works beautifully here. Love your card!

Anette H said...

Jill, this has got to be one of the most amazing cards I've EVER seen!! GORGEOUS!!! Did you use regular colored pencils??

Anonymous said...

I really like the pink, too! GREAT cards. MOM

Barb said...

I happen to LOVE when you use pink! Wonderful added sparkle too, Jill! Beautiful card today!

Brenda said...

Love all the bright and fun colours today Jill! Stunning card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the amazing colors, Jill! Looks just like a florist shop!

Kelly said...

this is an absolutely beautiful card. i have long been an admirer of dina's journals, etc. and i even took one of her online courses; it didn't even occur to me to turn the beautiful, inspiring techniques used there into cards. thanks for teaching me something new!
kelly

shirley henry said...

Both are FABULOUS creations!

Sue McRae said...

Dina's use of colour is fantastic and you adapted that so well with the leaf stamps. I love how they look in untraditional colours! Gorgeous Jill!

Sherri said...

This card is just gorgeous -- as are all of your creations. I love your use of color.
You have been flicking water to create spots. Do you use your fingers or a tool or ??? You never get a big splat mark and I'm wondering what the secret is...

Tiffany Ervin said...

I love all the remarkable colors on your leaves Jill! Stunning piece of work! I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Dawn T said...

LOVE your backgrounds Jill.... all those water splotches are so wonderful.

Karina Beck said...

Gorgeous work Jill!!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, pink and orange are two colors I wouldn't think to put together but I like how it looks!

Tiff said...

This one slipped by me and boy am I glad I stumbled upon it! This is SOMETHING else! The colors are so rich and vibrant!