January 18, 2011

Dina Wakley *Day 2*

Here's our next GORGEOUS inspiration by Dina:The first thing that caught my eye on Dina's journal entry are the colors! I would never thing of combining aqua, orange, and purple but it is SOOOO yummy! I love Dina's signature splatters and black text. And those hearts are just so happy.
Here is my take. I was especially inspired by Dina's colors:
Yep, here's another card that started entirely as white cardstock. The center panel was stamped on Copic Express paper with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored in with Copic markers. Three of the flowers were also stamped seperately, colored, cut out, and glued on top of the main panel for extra dimension. (Sorry the photo doesn't show this very well...). The textured background was first colored using Broken China Distress Ink then embossed using a Sizzix embossing folder. After embossing I lightly sanded the paper to remove some of the ink. I've had several questions about what white cardstock I use---I use Neenah Tiara White cardstock- pretty heavy and smooth. It takes Distress Ink perfectly!
Thanks so much for popping by and thanks for all of you who have been leaving me such encouraging and sweet comments. You keep me enthused and inspired! HUGS!
All Stamps Hero Arts: CL272, CL482

20 comments :

~amy~ said...

stunning....your card is such a fabulous take on Dina's page...wow...love all your little dotties....such a neat effect..

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill--Great cards. MOM

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Super color and texture Jill! Great take on the inspiration!

Unknown said...

What a happy encouraging card! I love your colors, love your coloring!!

Brenda said...

You're right Jillian, those colours are totally fab together! Love your take on the Journal page, such a beautiful card! You are an inspiration!

Barb said...

Wow! Amazing inspiration today from both of you! Gorgeous colors!!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love you introducing Dina! First time I've seen her work and I love it. You continue to inspire - love the shading of the flowers.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Jill! Thanks for answering my question ;D

shirley henry said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors and your embossed background.

Cheri Reed said...

Love the colors and design. I am inspired by your cards. Will you share where you get Neenah tiara white card stock? Thanks.

Jana said...

Love both of these! You are right -- such unusual but gorgeous colors

Joy said...

You are totally ROCKING! those distress inks, love the colours and that background is superb.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love those colours together Jill! Such a fun and fresh beautiful card :)

Dawn T said...

awesome card Jill.. such a beautiful centre piece.

Dina said...

Beautiful!

Carole M. said...

it absolutely sparkles; I love your use of strong and vibrant colour combos.

Alice said...

such beautiful colors. gorgeous take on Dina's work, Jill!

Doris said...

Beautiful balance of those colors!

Conniecrafter said...

great colors and coloring, love that textured background with it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Just want to mention that Core'dinations cards that come in dozens of colors would achieve the same effect. Emboss using a folder, sand it and you will see the inside color. These cards have diff colors on each side, so you know which color will peek after you sand.