January 7, 2011

Karen *Day 5* and TD Challenge

Before I show you our last inspiration card by Karen, I wanted to share my card for the January Tiffany Doodles Challenge. This month's challenge is a sketch challenge, using an awesome sketch by Jenyfur at Torn Paper. I decided to turn the sketch for my card. And here's my card featuring this beautiful Dahlia with Oval stamp:
And if you haven't checked out the new Tiffany Doodles store you MUST go visit it HERE--easy to navigate and lots of inspiration! Details on the challenge are available HERE.

Now onto our last great inspiration card by Karen: This is another one of those cards that makes me smile! I love the watercolor look of Karen's stamping! And isn't it clever the way she has layered the sentiment panel with the same stamping as the background. The dimension is FAB!
Here is my take. I just had to create something with those beautiful greens, reds, and oranges! (Sorry for the poor photo on this one...not sure what happened...LOL)
The floral stamp was stamped with Tea Dye Distress ink and was spritzed with water before stamping. After drying, I colored over the stamped image using colored pencils. The backgrounds were inked with Peeled Paint and Broken China Distress Ink.
BIG thanks to Karen for allowing me to share your awesome work this week! I love everything you create! You can always see lots more of Karen's creations HERE. See you all tomorrow with another card made with some new 2011 Hero Arts stamps!
All Stamps Hero Arts (CL140, CG170)

20 comments :

Joy said...

Gorgeous cards all round, my friend, totally loving you work!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, both of them! I love flowers, especially water colored flowers. Knocks my socks off!Thank you for a week of wonderful inspiration and love the Tiffany Doodles card!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Gorgeous cards, Jill! You keep on ROCKing!!! :)

joy said...

Just found your blog before Christmas and just love the way you showcase cards by others and then show us your take on them. Today's cards are all gorgeous; thanks for the inspiration you provide!

Suzana said...

Jill you are my idol! Great cards and ideas!

Styles in Paper said...

Love the background text you used on your first card!

Barb said...

Wow! Fab post today! Each card is gorgeous! Lovin' those colors from you and Karen! It was a fun week, Jill! Thank you!

Brenda said...

You're right, that watercolour card by Karen is out of this world! Wow! And yours is so beautiful, just love your inking! Superb Jill!

Collette said...

Love how you layered your Tiffany Doodles image against the text background on the first card. The other 2 are just as amazing !

Kryssi said...

wow, both cards are real beauties!!

Jodi said...

Your colors and text background on your first card is a great idea!! Love that texture on the bottom of the card too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Sharon D from Canada said...

I love your take on Karen's pretty card - what an awesome watercolour feel to your flowers! And your sunflower card is lovely too! It's always such a joy to see your beautiful work, Jill!!!

Kim said...

Stunning Jill! Your cards are so beautiful!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful cards today, both of them!

Conniecrafter said...

All Lovely cards, like the text background in the first, and your watercolor flowers are so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving a brief description of the technique used for the card!

Mannayah said...

I loved the first card and the technique in the second card
but just have a question .. when you print images then color them with copics .. doesn't it sort of blend with the black ink ?

Jana said...

Wow! These take my breath away. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow these cards are stunning Jill! Your work is always amazing :)

Mari said...

I just don't know which is my favorite - the inspiration card or your card! Both are very, very lovely!