January 5, 2011

Karen *Day 3* and a VIDEO

This card by Karen is so fun: And did you notice all the charming details on this card? I especially love the button centers and stitching on the flowers! Oh, and don't forget the cute ribbon leaves!
Here is my take:
This card began entirely as white cardstock. The green background was distressed with Forest Moss and Peeled Paint Distress Ink. The stamping was done with Forest Moss Distress Ink. The butterfly was colored with Copic markers and the dot details were added with a fine tip black pen and white gel pen. (Yep, more Kathy inspired dotting--once you start you just can't stop!!)The sentiment panel was distressed using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.

I also have a card and video that I made for my LSS,
Mementos, to share with you today. Pretty clean and simple stamping on this card:
And here's the video:


Thanks again for visiting, my friends! See you tomorrow!
All Stamps Hero Arts CL383, CL428, CL434

17 comments :

Dee in N.H. said...

Great video!! I really love how you do your videos.

Unknown said...

Love your inspired card as well as the second card and video. You are a talented girl, love coming to your "inspired by" blog!

Nat said...

great video and I love both beautiful cards too! So much inspiration here!

Barb said...

Gorgeous cards today, Jill! Love when you share your talent on videos!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful cards Jill! Love that Forest Moss color you've used!

Tiff said...

We hold our pencils the same way! Too bad I didn't have half your coloring talent ;)

All cards are beautiful! Karen's card is such a gem of a card and your take on it- STUNNING! Love the card you made for your LSS too!

Anonymous said...

Great video, but you are moving so fast that I am unable to see the color stamps you are using. Would you please pos them .

Thanks

slbt17 said...

Wonderful!
Thank you.
Sandra ltb

Karina Beck said...

Beautiful cards and a great Video.

Nancy said...

I love your videos, Jill...it's wonderful that you take the "mystery" out of your fabulous style and make it doable for the rest of us! thanks for the wonderful inspiration today, I'm looking at green and orange in a much different way!
blessings....

Terri said...

I love how fast you work...
but seriously, your work is ispiring and I love your blog.
<3 Terri

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Great cards and super fun video. Love to see you at work! :)

Sharon D from Canada said...

I love your take on Karen's card! The details you added to the butterfly are wonderful!
I love that you're doing videos, too - so awesome to see you in action! And what a pretty card - I love how you used that floral stamp!

Anonymous said...

Wow beautiful cards this week Jill! Love how you created the background! :)

sandra de said...

Once again absolutely gorgeous cards and thanks for sharing how you do it. Just fab.

Conniecrafter said...

Both cards are very pretty, love the rich deep tones you got with the background on the first, and like the idea of stamping off on the corners, so pretty!

Christiana said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Thanks so much for the video! I loved seeing your technique in action.