January 1, 2011

Happy New Year and some POD inspiration

Happy New Year! I just can't believe it is 2011; can you? I have been reading some really great posts about the new year and wanted to share a couple of links. THIS post by Dawn McVey is such a great look at new years resolutions. I also love the idea of choosing a word for the year, as Ali Edwards talks about HERE. I am a perpetual planner, always plotting in my mind what I need to do next whether it be at work, around the house, creatively...and I know that often I don't pause and enjoy the moment enough. That being said, I have decided that my word for the year will be ...
content
"The man who counts his blessings far sooner than his burdens and seems to always have enough, that man is content."
Here are some dictionary definitions of content---
*showing satisfaction with things as they are
*form of fulfillment characterized by peace of mind
*heightened sense of appreciation - love that!

Speaking of being content :) , here's a picture of my hubby and I taken on Christmas eve. I figured it was time to post a more recent picture of myself as I will be headed to CHA this month and no one may recognize me with my longer hair and new glasses! :) And, yep, you heard me right-- I get to go to CHA!!!! I'm thrilled! :)

So, how about you? Have you made any resolutions for 2011?

Now, if you've made it through all that rambling, I do have a couple of cards for you! These cards feature some of my favorite stamps from Purple Onion Designs and one of my favorite stamping buddies, Joy Taylor. Here is Joy's eye-catching card that was my inspiration (talk about gorgeous distressing!):

On my card I used Vintage Butterfly and the Stems and Grass Set: Here's my take:
Thanks so much for making 2010 such a rewarding and inspired year on the blog-o! I can't wait to see what 2011 will hold! :) HUGS!

21 comments :

Joy said...

Oh Jill it is so nice to see a new photo of you and your wonderful husband, you two look so happy. I too read both blog posts, and they really opened my mind to a lot of things in life, I think it is so inspiration to read these.

I cannot believe you are going to CHA, I am so, so jealous and wish I was tagging along with you, please take heaps of photos for me to view.

Lastly, thank you so much for featuring me, you are just the best and your card has totally out down mine, you know it is now hiding behind that rock, ashamed to come out from the sheer beauty of yours...LOL.

Sending you lots of New Year hugs and smooches!

slbt17 said...

Happy New Year Jill!
Congratulations on going to CHA - have fun.
Love these cards ....
Thanks for the inspiration.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year my sweet friend! Love that photo of you and the hubby - too cute! Sorry I havent been around much to comment, been busy with family stuff over the hols but will be back around more in this new year! Aww I wish i was going to CHA - you are soo lucky! You have to take lots and lots of pics to share :)

Cat Tidwell said...

Your cards are just stunning! Such awesome work!

Lin said...

Love your word for the year, Jill - it's something we should all aspire to. And beautiful cards from both you and Joy......here's to a new year full of more of your inspiration!

Anne said...

Wishing you a wonderful New Year Jill! It's so nice to see a picture of you and your hubby- have fun at CHA and love your beautiful card today! Looking forward to another year of wonderful inspiration here on your blog.

Barb said...

Gorgeous cards from both you and Joy today! "Content" is something we should all work toward, that's for sure! I can't wait for a whole new year of viewing your talent! Happy New Year, Jill!

Anita Rex said...

Hi Jill! I love the word that you picked, I hope that you continue to focus on ti and let it take root in your life! I also love seeing a current picture of you and your hubby! Your so lucky to go to CHA! I hope you have a blast! What a great card you created! Love the panels!

Nancy said...

Love your word for 2011...may you experience much contentment in the coming year! Thanks for the updated photo (you and your hubs are adorable)...I will be looking for you at CHA. I just love your card and Joy's inspiration..such a lovely simple design taken up 100 notches with gorgeous color...brilliant!

Tiff said...

Love your word for 2011!!! And you're right, the new picture is just what I needed for I would NOT have recognized you! LOL! Your card...STUNNING! Love those lush colors!

Tiff said...

Love your word for 2011!!! And you're right, the new picture is just what I needed for I would NOT have recognized you! LOL! Your card...STUNNING! Love those lush colors!

shirley henry said...

Happy New Year Jill!
Love both cards by you and Joy.
Looking forward to more wonderful inspirations from your blog in this year.
Lovely photo of you and hubby.
Have fun at CHA!

Conniecrafter said...

this is so pretty, love your colors and stamping!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Jill! What a great word to live by for the New Year! I love the pic of you and your DH! How exciting that you are coming to Calif! Enjoy when you're here!Love your beautiful card done in the block style, fabulous colors!

Alice said...

i love that post from Dawn, too. love your word of the year and hope i can do that, too! =) Happy New Year! thanks for all the inspirations. i am looking forward to more of your stunning work in the new year! All the best wishes to you and yours for 2011!

debbie said...

Love your bold colors and the background with the purple and blue is fantastic! Have a wonderful time at CHA! I am so jealous!!!! can't wait to hear all about it.

Clare said...

What a pretty card! I love the bright colors!
I also love your NY's resolution...maybe I should try that as well!
Thanks for sharing the adorable pic of you and your hubby, and have LOTS of fun at CHA! Take TONS of pix! :)

Diana said...

Happy New Year friend!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Jill you are one beautiful lady. I love you the new do and specs. So preppy! Lol! Your pic with your hubby is so precious. What a sweetie! Thanks for sharing what you will be reflecting on this new year and for providing us all with more inspiration with your take on Joy's card. Both cards are out of this world. No need to hide under a rock Joy, your card is amazing too. But I know what you mean because Jill is the boom when it comes to taking an idea and reinventing it. She is the next Albert Einstein of cardmaking. Lol! Just want to say that I have been blessed beyond measure with the inspiration that you provide and most of all for being my friend. Love ya chickie. All the best to you and the sweetheart for 2011 and I am still praying for that Miracle. Big Hugs.

donna mikasa said...

Happy New Year, Jill! Looking forward to more awesome inspiration from you in 2011. You and your hubby are such a cute couple! Have fun at CHA!

Stephanie said...

Love love love... :)