September 22, 2011

Blog Takeover: Alice

Hello, every one! Alice Wertz here. I am thrilled and honored to take over Jill's blog for a day. Thank you so much for inviting me, Jill! You are amazing and I hope I can do your blog justice. =) Here is the card that I drew my inspiration from.


Here is my card:

I used the adorable Garden Visit from Penny Black for my card and used Jill's design for the layout. 

I colored the image with Copic markers and cut it out with a Nestibility die. The sky and grass are colored when the paper was still in the die to give the image a frame.

For the background, I inked a piece of white cardstock with Barn door and Wild Honey distress inks. Hero Arts Flower Dot Pattern is then stamped with both Barn Door and Wild Honey relatively to the inking. I then flicked some water on the piece to get the splotchy look. The sentiment is also from Hero Arts.

That's all I have. Hope I didn't disappoint you. =) Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a lovely day!

hugs,
alice

It's Jill again- I just had to pop in to say, "WOW!" Alice- your card and coloring is amazing and oh-so-cute!  I'm so honored to have it here.  Oh, and if any of you are looking for more Christmas card inspiration, new Holly Jolly Stampin' Party cards continue today on the Mementos blog.  Here's a peek:

14 comments :

Cheri said...

Alice, your card is adorable. Love the colors and always, your amazing ability to color with copics.

Susie said...

Wonderful card, Alice. I always love your work.

Beth said...

Precious, just precious! I'll have to visit your blog to see more.

Kathy said...

woo hoo miss Alice this is a stunner and make my eyes soar. LOVE it :) Hugs, Kathy

Barb said...

So fun to see you here, Alice! Love your adorable take on Jill's pretty card! Great takeover today! :)

Brenda said...

Your colouring on this adorable card is just perfection Alice!

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Love the Copic coloring on that cute little hedgehog!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Alice, Love your card! Thanks for sharing!

Ida said...

Absolutely darling. You did a wonderful job capturing the feel of Jill's card. I love the spritz water effect.

Bunnyfreak said...

Adorable card.

Dawn T said...

It certainly is gorgeous Alice and it is such a great take on Jill's card. What fun to be inspired by all her work.

donna mikasa said...

Great take on Jill's card--love that PB hedgie!

farmhouse-story said...

alice, your coloring is always amazing! love the cuties on your card!

alexandra s.m. said...

I appreciate your art so much Alice!
Beautiful card indeed!!