September 23, 2011

Blog Takeover: Britta

Hello there! Britta Swiderski here, and I'm so delighted that Jill asked me to be part of this fabulous week. Jill has actually done an Inspired By... week about me, and I can still remember the squeals of joy when she asked me if she could feature me. Jill is amazingly talented, and I'm so grateful to know her and hopefully soak up some of her talent. ;) Here's the card I've picked to be inspired by today from Jill:
I picked this one because of the fabulous colors and vertical movement in the card. I love these colors together and I don't know if I would've come up with that color combination by myself. Keeping in mind the color scheme, vertical feeling of the card and aiming to incorporate some of the same techniques that Jill used into my own card, I came up with my card:
I added a bit of my own flair with the navy ink (and coloring done with copics - no blending necessary on this one!), the hand stitching and the scalloped edge but made sure to hold onto the elements that really make Jill's card shine. I hope you enjoy my creation and give yourself a chance to be inspired by this fab card from Jill as well today! Thanks very much to Jill for letting me take over her blog for the day. This has been so much fun I might have to steal it for a day again in the future. ;)

Jill here! Britta- your card is as cute and sweet as YOU! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!  And everyone, be sure to pop back tomorrow- there is one more taker-over-er (LOL) known for her awesome cards and fun writing style!
Oh, and here's a peek at today's new card on the Mementos blog
-

11 comments :

Barb said...

How fun to see you here today, Britt! Love your take on Jill's gorgeous card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous creations ladies.... really gotta master that water/inking technique.

Nancy K said...

Beautiful inspiration...those colors are amazing!

Marie said...

So fun to see you here, Britta! Love both the original card and your card, the vertical elements and the colors =) TFS!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love both cards! Great take on Jill's card!

Anne said...

So nice to see you here today Britta- love your take on Jill's card!

katie said...

WOW, Love the color selection on BOTH cards.

Brenda said...

Oh wow! I think that's brilliant Britta! The colours in both cards are so inspiring!

Alice said...

love your take on Jill's card, Britta. so fun and cute! super card!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love both cards! love your take on Jill's card, Britta. I recently got that LF set so love seeing how you used it!
Thanks for the inspiration from both of you.

Kathy said...

Britta is a true gem and a youngin too...lol
I admire her talent and love the card. Love yours too Jill!! Stunners..both of them. Hugs, Kathy