September 27, 2011

Inspired by...Silke Ledlow

I'm beyond thrilled to announce that this week's featured artist is none other than the talented Silke Ledlow.  I've admired Silke's work for years now and can't believe I get to share a taste of it here on "Inspired By..."  Here's our first inspiration card by Silke:
Silke's original post available HERE
And here's my take:

I kept Silke's original sketch but went with a different color scheme on my card, completely inspired by the patterned paper on the left-hand side of my card.  The flowers, Penny Black 3868J Portraits, were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Copic X-Press It cardstock and colored with Copic Markers.  I wanted an artsy feel to the flowers so I did not go back and do additional blending with the lighter marker- just feathered in a darker shade and moved on.  I then outlined each flower with Copic Marker W1 and distressed the entire piece using Old Paper Distress Ink.  Sentiment is an SRM sticker.  The background papers were inked with White Picket Fence Distress Stain to tone down the colors so they didn't distract from the main stamped image.  SOOO easy to do with the new white stain.

Thanks so much for popping by!  See ya tomorrow with another incredible card by Silke!

13 comments :

Joan B said...

love your take on this. in fact, love everything you do!

Sarpreet said...

This is gorgeous, love how you create a card that you are inspired by and that no one could tell you were inspired by that card. It is gorgeous.

Lin said...

Silke's cards are always wonderful, and I love how you took her elegant card and made it your own with your signature style, Jill.

Barb said...

Oh, this is going to be a special week! Love Silke's gorgeous card and your take is beautiful too, Jill!

Nancy K said...

The original by Silke is just so soft and pretty...I love that you weren't afraid to use your own bold color palette in your inspired card, Jill. We are in for a fabulous week!

Pat said...

These cards are so beautiful! Love how you interpreted the sketch!

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Gorgeous!

Dawn T said...

love your take on Silke's card. Great use of the PP's

Brenda said...

What a beautiful take Jill! A stunning card!

Ida said...

What a great choice of Silke for inspiration. Her work is wonderful.
Both your cards are so pretty. I love the soft feel of Silke's card but then the pop of bright color on yours is equally wonderful. Great sketch too. Can't wait to see tomorrow's work.

78thistles said...

Love your take on Silke's card! The colors are fantastic on the main image. The soft tones of the background papers are the perfect backdrop. The new white distress stain is great.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jill I am so excited that you have Silke visiting this week. I love her style.

Jill I like your gorgeously colored flowers against the soft patterned papers. Beautiful.

Conniecrafter said...

Both very pretty, love the colors in yours, great fall tones!