You hear a lot about 12-step programs but they never sound like very much fun. Today, I created a 12-step program to share while I'm guest-hosting Jill's blog, and I'm hoping you'll have fun with it! My mission was to create a card inspired by one of Jill's cards.
Like that's easy.
Seriously, I thought I'd have better luck if I tried to find one that didn't inspire me, but despite a very thorough search, I found no clinkers in Jill's gallery, so I ended up spending a lot of time mulling over her entire collection. I picked so many different favorites it got kinda ridiculous. Jill's cards are all inspiring, but it was this one here that captured my attention most.
(Actually, there were about five of them that were all screaming my name, and I ended up having to draw lots!) I've been on a real resist-Perfect-Pearls kick ever since CHA, so I took this opportunity to play around with it yet again. Jill does a lot of resist techniques, so I'm hoping my card will appeal to all the other resist nuts out there, too!
And I did it in just 12 Steps! Check it out:
- On Strathmore watercolor paper, stamp Hero Arts S5264 using Ranger Distress embossing ink and emboss with Ranger's Seafoam White detail embossing powder.
- Apply Ranger Distress Victorian Velvet and Concord Grape inks using foam ink applicators. You will get the best results if you do this on a Ranger craft mat and work in a gentle, circular motion.
- Once you're satisfied, use a Ranger water mister to generously spritz Perfect Pearls solution (Perfectly Pearl and water) onto your watercolor panel. Set panel aside to dry.
- Cut a circle using a Nestability die but don't remove the paper from the die. Using the die as a mask, apply Victorian Velvet ink with a foam ink applicator. When satisfied, remove the die. (Now you have a circle of color with a white edge.)
- Stamp leaves (from Hero Arts CG286 set) on Giant Dwarf felt with Hero Hues black ink. Heat set and cut out.
- Using Sizzix die (Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers) cut two flowers from Giant Dwarf felts.
- Once watercolor panel is dry, cut panel to desired size and mat on purple card stock, then adhere mat to card base.
- Adhere paper circle to card.
- Adhere leaves and flowers to card.
- Thread button with twine, and glue to flower.
- Stamp sentiment (from Hero Arts CL371 set) with Hero Hues black ink.
- Attach gems (Mark Richards).
Thank you, Jill, for inviting me to post on your blog - it's been a great honor and a delight!
Thank u, Deborah, for always amazing me with your art AND always making me SMILE! :)
HUGE thanks to Elizabeth, Lin, Vicky, Alice, Britta, and Deborah for their beautiful cards, kind words, and fun posts this week. AND big thanks to all of you for your visits and wonderful comments. I'll see ya next week with lots of NEW stuff--- a new PB&J video and card AND a new featured artist.