September 21, 2011

Blog Takeover: Vicky

Hey psssst…. It’s  Vicky here, taking over Jill’s blog for a day!
Being a big fun of Jill’s cards, I was so excited when she invited me to make a card inspired by her! And I am telling you, this was not an easy task! Her Flickr gallery has TONS of amazing cards. Choose just one to be inspired was the hardest!
After hours of drooling over her gallery, I have finally decided to CASE the following card, because I love the look of tags on a card and those flowers on the script background are lovely.
And here is my version:
And a closer look:

While I was making this card I took some photos of the process, to walk you through the different steps.
First I stamped the image on the tag and then used distress inks to color it. Don’t worry about the flower at this stage. I used “broken china”, “tumbled glass”, “walnut stain” and “tea dye” distress inks.

Then I stamped the flower again on white cardstock and used my copic markers to color it quickly. Check out the photos for the colors I used.

And used my white gel pen to add little dots:

Then I cut out the flower and used adhesive to stick it on the distressed tag.
To make the blue background of the card, I distressed a piece of white cardstock.

And then I sprayed water with my mini mister on this gorgeous background stamp.

Here is the result when I stamped on the distressed piece of paper , just with water:

Hope you had fun with me today. I am sure Jill is also having a great time as we speak, relaxing with her family!
Thanks Jill for doing me the honor to post on your blog! You know I love your cards and videos and I wish you all the success in the world!
Hugs,
Vicky Papaioannou
http://www.clips-n-cuts.com/


Hi, Jill here, popping in to say thanks to Vicky, Elizabeth, and Lin for taking over so far this week.  Your creations are sooo gorgeous!!!  I also wanted to let y'all know that I have a new Holly Jolly Stampin' Party video up on the Mementos blog today.  Here's a peek:

And be sure to pop back tomorrow- another uber talented gal has taken over "Inspired By..."  I've had a peek at her card and I know you're going to LOVE it!

17 comments :

CinnamonSally said...

Both cards are stunning, I love the text backgrounds and all that yummy distressing.

Jeanette M. said...

I love the background, Vicky. I was wondering how you did it, and was so glad to see your picture tutorial! Thanks for sharing.
Both cards are beautiful!

Sandy said...

I have to agree with you Vicky, Jill's cards are amazing!!! You did a fabulous job on yours! Love the white dots and added embellies on the stamen:) Gorgeous!

Steph Mitchell said...

I've just had a go at doing that type of background and love it!! Thanks. Will have to use it more often!

Barb said...

I love when you show your steps, Vicky! Gorgeous take on Jill's card! So fun to see you here today! :)

Pat said...

This is gorgeous! Both cards are great and Vicky, I love your take on it!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love what you can do with white cardstock Vicky.

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, like your take on her card and the sparkle and pearls added to it!

Dawn T said...

fantastic Vicky. Thanks for sharing how you made this card. Love seeing the project in progress

Lin said...

LOVE this, Vicky - gorgeous inspiration from Jill. I love the colors you chose, and those little white dots make everything pop even more!

katie said...

Both of your cards are stunning. Thanks for the inspiration!
katie
Jill, am off to see your video on Mementos. Thanks for sharing your talents!

slbt17 said...

beautiful!
Sandra ltb

Anonymous said...

I was wondering that how to did it ??? yours cards background are so impressive....
discount card printing
custom gift cards
plastic card
Scratch Card

Kathy said...

What fun to have a take over. You both are incredibly inspiring..what a pair!!!!!!!! Loved your tag card Vicky and hope Jill is having an awesome time. Hugs, Kathy

Ida said...

Gorgeous cards. - I love the IP that you were inspired by, I can see why you picked it.
Your card is just amazing. Love, love, love your background. Your distressing is fabulous and the added touch of the white gel pen really makes everything just pop.

Alice said...

love love the watercolor effect on the background and the vibrant colors. beautiful card, Vicky!

Virginia L. said...

You did an awesome job, Vicky!! Love your gorgeous card!