It's Lin, turning the tables on Jill today! I have loved Jill's work for quite a few years and I am so very honored that she asked me to be a guest blogger today while she's away.
I was given permission to choose any of Jill's cards from her Penny Black flickr gallery, and I spent a happy morning going through all of them; when I was finished I had chosen 6 of them. Of those, this one really spoke to me.
Her card is wonderfully rich in color and I love every single thing she did to bring it to life - that gorgeous flower, the turned-down corners, the sweet way she added the twine, her subtle addition of text behind the flower...... I wouldn't change a thing, so I didn't! I just decided to CASE her card, and use some of my favorite things to make it my own.
supplies: white card stock, K&Company Brenda Walton Flora & Fauna Ledger Pad, BoBunny Powder Blue Flourish and Rust Dot designer papers, stormy sky, weathered wood, tea dye, and vintage photo distress inks, Hero Arts K5376 Hydrangea, CG22 Music Background, CG246 Classic Fabric Design, CL173 SparkleClear Simple Messages, CL383 Antique Engravings, versafine onyx black ink, Memories Artprint Brown, brush tip markers
If you know me at all, you know how much I love my flowers - I LOVE the daisy that Jill used. But of the stamps I own, this hydrangea is probably my current favorite, and so that's where I started. It was stamped and heat embossed, then colored with markers. As Jill did on her card, the rest of my card uses printed papers. The little panels started out as ledger papers from a K&Company 4 X 6 pad - I warmed them up a bit by lightly sponging them with tea dye distress ink and then randomly stamped a music background in the same ink on the top one. The blue background started out as a pale blue BoBunny flourish, which I sponged with stormy sky distress ink, a little too much so, because the already subtle pattern disappeared, so then I overstamped the big Classic Fabric design over it in weathered wood. The BoBunny rust dot panel was darkened slightly with more tea dye distress ink, and then I edged all of the panels with vintage photo distress ink. I loved how Jill added the twine and I followed suit, using a blue heart button to mine. I put everything together, and as I was preparing to photograph it, I noticed this butterfly sitting on my desk from a previous project. It is a polished stone background in a peachy color, and I love how it looks next to the rust panel, so I added a wire antennae and popped it on top of the leaves. It was an unplanned element, but I like how it fits in with the rest of the elements.
Thank you so much, Jill, for giving me this opportunity to be inspired by you! I loved the process!
Please visit my blog, where I have an extra set of the Antique Engravings clear stamps which I'd like to give away. Just leave me a comment by September 30 and I'll choose a random winner.