September 1, 2011

Elizabeta *Day 2*

Here is our next gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS card by Elizabeta:
All of the textures, plus Elizabeta's beautiful color scheme all add up to one striking card! 
Now, put on your sunglasses.... LOL.... here is my take:

I began by stamping Penny Black 3865K Gossamer with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Copic X-Press It cardstock and coloring with Copic Markers.  I then cut out the flowers and leaves.  I inked Tiara white cardstock with Walnut Stain and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and stamped with the PB Gossamer stamp again.  I adhered my cut out flowers and leaves to the brown, inked piece of cardstock. I also added black enamel accents to the centers of the flowers. To create the background, I embossed yellow cardstock and then inked with Wild Honey and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.

And you will definitely want to head over to the Mementos blog today to check out a great way to save--it's an SOS sale!!

Thanks so much for popping by!

18 comments :

shirley said...

OOOH...both these cards are stunning!
Love the embossed backgrounds.
The flowers and vintage feel to Elizabeta's card are yummy!
The flowers and lace on yours Jill is fab! :)

Carissa said...

Wow, that is bright and cheerful and gorgeous.
Carissa

Jeanette M. said...

Beautiful card, Jill. Love the embossed background and wonderful image.

Anne said...

Love the texture and colors on both of the cards today!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jill I love your interpretation of Elizabeta's beautiful felt flowers with your stunningly colored stamped blossoms. Great embossed textures in both.

Art From The heart said...

Oh my ....cheerful indeed !
Hugs

Barb said...

Loving the happy yellows today! Beautiful cards from both of you!

Aimes said...

Oooh I likey, I likey, I LIKEY! Both cards are fabby! I love your own happy, summery take with those bright colours! Makes me wish summer wasn't leaving!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Anonymous said...

These cards are stunning. MOM

Brenda said...

Both are so different, I love them both!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love both cards!!! tfs!!

Pat said...

Both cards are just beautiful!!!!

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Lovely bright card! I love how you always just make your own distress ink colored paper to perfectly match!

Unknown said...

Hello Girlie! Sorry for not visiting for a while. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, it really encouraged me! Jill, your card is amazing. I love the yellow flowers and all the texture you have going on. Just makes me happy to look at it:)

Kelley said...

Both cards are beautiful. Elizabeta does such a wonderful job with what she has.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Browns and yellows are always luxurious colors together, beautiful designs from the both of you!

Sharon D from Canada said...

Elizabeta's card is lovely! Your bright take is so pretty too - I love your vibrant flowers, Jill!

Anonymous said...

Wow your card is absolutely beautiful Jill! I love those two colours together. So pretty!