September 9, 2011

No Power=Late Post

Sorry for the delay on today's post. I was a part of the widespread power outtage throughout CA, AZ, and Mexico yesterday.  Thankfully, we were only without power for about 5 1/2 hours. (Although no AC for 5 1/2 hours in the desert is NOT fun!)  Anyways, here is today's Christmas card from the new Penny Black Christmas Catalog.
I love that the new stamp used on this card, Penny Black 424L Winter Sky, can be used for Christmas, everyday, and even fall. 

I began by stamping the stamp above using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on to Tiara White cardstock.  The background was then inked with Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, Forest Moss, and Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The bottom portion was inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and then stamped with Penny Black 40-047 Warm Wishes. The sentiment (die cut from Spellbinders Labels 8) and the outer border were both lightly inked with Brushed Corduroy and Antique Linen Distress Ink.  Sentiment by Penny Black, 30-087 Winter Wonders.

Here's a peek at today's card on the Mementos blog:


Thanks so much for stopping by this week!  I'll be back next week with a new PB&J card and all new cards for the entire week with a featured artist I know you all love. :)  Hope you have a great weekend!

14 comments :

Barb said...

I was thinking about you when I heard about the power outages. So glad you've got it back on now, Jill! Gorgeous card!

Anne said...

What a gorgeous creation today Jill! Glad to hear you have power back....can't imagine how hot it must have been with no A/C!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Happy Full Power Friday Jill! Have a great weekend. Gorgeous catalog art!

Sarah Martina said...

Glad you got your power back! I love the non-traditional approach to this holiday card... gorgeous as always! :)

Ida said...

Oh I hate being without power...so glad yours is back on again.

Wonderfully warm holiday card. You create such unique cards.

Kelley said...

No air! Yuck. I bet there is one embarrassed utility worker.

Winter Sky is a beautiful stamp. It can be used for many things. Thank you for sharing it.

shirley said...

Glad you have power back on.
LOVE your beautiful card.
Must have that gorgeous stamp!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

What a SUPER cool card! Love that acidy green color and that stamp? Awesome! Sorry about the power outage...it was all over the news here in Sacto too. Have a great weekend Jill!

Evelyn S. said...

I read that Yuma was in that outage....crazy! Someone better be figuring out why it wasn't contained to a small area!

Lovely, lovely card....great color, Jill.

Unknown said...

You are the first person I thought of when I read about the power outtage! Glad it wasn't longer than 5 1/2 hrs. but I do know what you mean about no power in Arizona-especially Yuma!! Lovely card Jill-that stamp is amazing:)

Ruth S said...

Great card Jill - I love the non-traditional colour scheme ;)
Hope there are no more outages! Rx

Chelsea said...

Love this stamp and your card! Glad you got power back!

alexandra s.m. said...

beauiful card Jill!
Glad to hear everything is back to normal again ;-))

Brenda said...

You're right, I think that stamp could be very versatile! I see Halloween! You've created another beautiful card Jill!